Author photo

By Renee Summers
Telegram Reporter 

Howe-Peterson Funeral Home Serving the Community for 150 Years

 

Howe-Peterson Funeral Home has been serving the community since 1873

The city of Dearborn was initially established as a township in 1833, named after patriot Henry Dearborn who served as a general during the American Revolution. The area was mainly farmland and residents relied on agriculture as a means of living. In 1864 a man named Elba Howe arrived in Dearborn as the local station agent for the Michigan Central Railroad and eventually the town's undertaker. In 1873 he established Howe and Son Funeral Home following the birth of his son Louis. "One hundred and fifty years this year. We are the oldest existing business in the city of Dearborn still ope...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024

Rendered 02/17/2024 20:46